The German-Chinese Research Foundation for Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) forms a corporate association of internationally co-operating scientists who, in accordance with the statutes, pursue and promote basic-scientific, interdisciplinary and field-specific research on TCM, in particular acupuncture and its application in medicine, as well as related studies. Research Foundation Functions:
- The Research Foundation accomplishes its functions by means of professional, multi-professional, inter- and multi-disciplinary research as well as publication of its research results.
- To accomplish the functions, the Research Foundation cooperates with other research institutes, universities and research organizations as well as with science-promoting domestic, in particular German and Chinese, and supranational organizations.
- Research results as well as outstanding academic reports and papers may be published in the scientific series planned by the Research Foundation or in other publication organs. The Research Foundation may publish collective research works, periodicals and other papers serving its functions, and may promote the necessary work, including translation.
- The Research Foundation lets members conduct academic exchange and maintain communication with research institutions by means of scientific meetings, in particular workshops.
Lectures will cover:
- Chinese medical theory and system biology
- Mechanisms of acupuncture
- Clinical application and studies
- TCM phytopharmacology
- Methodology of research
- Qigong research
News & Events
10th International Workshop
on Traditional Chinese Medicine
in Porto (Portugal)
20 – 22 April 2018
"TCM in Science – Science in TCM"
The researchers and clinicians invited count to the best in the field of TCM and integrative medicine. They will report on their latest results in basic and clinical TCM research. This workshop will also provide a high-level platform for academic exchange and the establishment of new research networks.